FEMTO Bladeless Laser Cataract Surgery
Dr. Matamoros uses the Catalys Precision Laser System. This FDA-approved system, brings both laser precision technology and computer-guided consistency to cataract surgery. Treatment is tailored to each individual’s eye, enhancing the safety, accuracy and visual results.
Dr. Matamoros utilizes this new revolutionary approach in several important steps of cataract surgery:
1) Creating the arcuate incisions to reduce astigmatism. These incisions are perfect in design, providing an absolute seal.
2) Creating the primary incisions and sideport to access the cataract.
3) Creating the circular incision around the capsule of the lens in the eye, a step called a capsulotomy. The system perform this opening in less than two seconds. A perfectly centered and round opening will provide a better intraocular lens position.
4) Fragmenting the cataract- affected lens to make its removal gentler on the eye. thefemto- laser divides the cataract into over 50 small pieces, so it can be aspirated more efficiently. This helps to protect the cornea, by significantly reducing phaco energy.
5) Customization: the laser guided cataract surgery allows us to customize the procedure for each individual.
While the experience, proficiency and surgical skills of the cataract surgeon are the main factors in obtaining the best results, this laser guided technology brings another dimension in achieving those goals.
At the Center for Eye Care and Surgery we offer a variety of advanced choices in intraocular lens technology. Please feel free to discuss with our doctor which lens is the best to fit your needs.
At the Center for Eye Care and Surgery in Port. Saint Lucie, we are pleased to offer this Ultra-premium experience with excellent results. This is a gentler approach that allow patients a rapid recovery and sharper vision soon after. We are clearly focused on providing you the best possible vision.
This new technology has brought precision and predictability to the routine cataract surgery procedure that has been performed for years. Cataract surgery is one of the most successful and one of the safest procedures in medicine today. It is estimated that there are over 14 million lens implant procedures performed each year.